Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Queens Ke$ha, Manila & Latrice Release Buzzworthy Videos!


     I was the first to admit I was not a fan of Queen of Cockpop, Ke$ha's, latest single, "Die Young". Even today, I quickly change the radio station once it pops up, but I had a feeling the singer would make it a success somehow. Does the single deserve a Grammy? Um, hell no. But the piece is a fun listen that fits right at home with the artist's previous club-friendly releases. I commended the song for the use of Ke$ha's own vocals instead of relying heavily on AutoTune or the talents of her producer friends. However, the singer's voice is not the strongest out there and I think it really hurts the piece... At least in my eyes. The verses are as unimaginative as usual, but the bright light does shine down on the chorus which pulls the song up by the throat for some much needed air. The song may not be great, but my views towards the newly-released video are rather different.

      Now the video does have its flaws, specifically the trippy effects which have recently been seen in Nicki Minaj's disaster of a music video "Va Va Voom". I could have done without them, they really do not add anything to the finished product, sometimes it's even difficult to see what is happening in the scenes. What I do see are aspects which will send people into a frenzy. It is a conspiracy, and ridiculous rumor, that many singers in the business are associated with the Illuminati. Even Lady Gaga, Kanye West and Adam Lambert have been linked. Ke$ha has been in the middle of these rumors for a while, so I am guessing this sexy video, which throws in a handful of religious themes, would be her answer to the craziness. Illuminati symbols are so obvious in the visual that no one could possibly take her seriously. She is making a mockery of the whole situation and I think it works. It also goes along with the cult following underlying message of the song.

     If that was not enough, the singer actually busts out in a few, easy dance moves and looks absolutely stunning. I have never found her to be very pretty at all, but she shows me what magic straight, slightly wavy, blonde locks could do. Is this one of Ke$ha's best video to date? Minus a few  things, it might just be, behind "Take It Off" and "Blow". Yes, there are some comparisons to Gaga's video for "Judas" and the ending did not go exactly where I wanted it to, but you can't expect to get everything you want, especially when it is Ke$ha we are talking about. I don't say this much in regards to the singer, but she succeeded here and I could watch this video over and over again, as I have been since its release this morning. What do you think? Will you join the Illuminati cult since Ke$ha appears to be its hot leader?





     My obsession with the contestants of RuPaul's Drag Race has been out in the open for a while now. Don't worry about me, I'm currently getting help with my addiction, however, it does not help that the All-Stars edition of the best reality show on television is currently airing on LOGO. Last episode, frontrunners, Manila Luzon and Latrice Royale, better known as Team Latrila, were asked to sashay away in a shocking elimination. If you ask me, Shannel and Chad Michaels should have been sent home that night. Anyway, soon after their elimination Team Latrila released an unexpected surprise for their fans who were devastated to see them go. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you "The Chop", a rather funny, pop song about the need to get back up even if you get ousted from a fierce television show. Luzon and Royale trade off verses that I will be annoyingly repeating for the next week or so.

     "Just pose, turn, flaunt," Royale demands on this satirical view of RuPaul's famous show. It was sad to see the two go, but they are making the most out of their bad luck. Instead of lowering their heads, Manila and Latrice are getting back on that horse as they allude to a possible spin-off show. Oh for the love of all that is right, please let this be true. Royale's deep vocal performance paired with Luzon's fierce, pop star ready attitude is a nice combination that worked. The song is meant to be funny, featuring many drag queen catchphrases such as "make em gag" and "just make em eat it", but there is an underlying positive message behind all the make-up and giant hair. You can't let anything stop you from reaching the top. You have to do whatever it takes to achieve your dreams. A little cheesy, I know, but it hit a cord with me so I immediately fell in love with it. Along with the song, came a music video and my addiction for queens was tamed for a day or so. I need more now!

     The video starts off with the two queens sitting on a red couch describing everything they are wearing and why they still feel down, even while looking sickening... because they got the chop. Manila and Latrice look gorgeous as ever in their different costumes while cute boys give their best "Vogue" impressions and appear shirtless. More please! I love all of Manila's video for the facial expressions she makes, I could watch her looking cross-eyed all day. Luzon even throws in a loving memorial to her boyfriend Sahara Davenport, who unfortunately passed away Oct. 1. "You don't have to GO OFF, so just dust yourself off," the queen commands and ya'll better listen to what she says. The only small positive criticism I have is: please Manila do not wear that black wig anymore, it makes you look older than what you really are. Sorry I had to say it. Other than that, I am in drag queen heaven. What do you think?


    

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar