Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Banana bread and lasagna roll ups~












The Medal:)





Really good..not a great pic..but we liked it a lot~





Noah had the smallest baby teeth imaginable..he is 7..grade 2..lost the two bottom minis this year and now a top one..they are growing in quite perfectly:)





Noah approved salad~


On thin ice..if you ask me..

I start early for Valentine's Day here..
not for Jacques and I  but the Littles..and just little things here and there..I do make a special dessert around that date for a family get -together for one of our daughter's birthdays..,but in between now and that day..I like tryng out things on them..
That's Lucas' hot chocolate when he came over one chilly afternoon..and that's Noah's banana bread when he came for lunch..
He knew it was his..there were 4..only one was different:)
Which of these things is not like the other?:)

Overipe bananas + a girl who hates waste=banana bread..
this must be my 50th recipe..it's very good and moist..sour cream is the kicker here..I made 4 minis in vintage tins..and a larger one for Jacques..the four..because Mylène and Noah came for lunch..
I made this one..


We had that tortellini soup..you know the one..and a nice salad..the salad recipe came from Chris..I used roasted walnut oil and it worked quite well:) Love Chris' dressings~Thank you..

By the way I love my empty yogurt pots:) Did you notice I found lids?Just 12..but I now have 12 jars 12 lids:)

Noah entered an Abomini endurance race..he had to run 1.9 kms..in very cold weather..dive under obstacles..jump over others..roll a huge log and drag a Xmas tree..all dressed in boots and heavy snowsuit etc..kudos darling..yes..that's what winter sports looks like here:)
See his medal?He is so  proud..he's 7..hang a medal..it's like a new necklace on us...I am happy w/ costume new necklaces..:)
He's now got freckles to sell~

Lucas ran track..lost both his races..but in 60..10 yr olds.. he came in 16th..no medals..and he had cracked his tooth in half the day before..an adult tooth..
both Jacques and I feel that both are lovely in their endeavours..participation is key..winning is great for the Little..but just participating is great for us.
The dentist fixed his tooth.and all is well..some fab Crazy Glue..they had kept the half tooth..

the last photo is a usually over populated ice lake..filled with fishing shacks and streets..all on the lake..well  we had a few cold days and some ventured..but it's been milder..and rained all day yesterday..sunny today..it's just not safe in my opinion and apparently the rest of the usual ice dwellers think so too..
I do miss the sight of ALL of them.My dad LOVED ice fishing..w/ a huge raccoon coat..I can still see him and it's been over 40 yrs..
as much as my mom was composed,reserved,elegant,an artist..a woman of "letters"..my dad was flamboyant..colorful..over the top..in everything.
Nothing in moderation.
My mom..everything in moderation..even her flickering ,counted I am sure..cigarette.

..and one day I made these Lasagna Roll Ups ..we both really enjoyed them..
I had bought a jar of Trader Joe's Marinara sauce(basil),in Florida.. that I had not used..because..well I love to make our sauces..so when I saw this recipe..I thought..great..use the jar.
They are easy..and delish..I used the whole jar..8 roll ups make 2 meals for Jacques and I..2 each at each meal..I added my snippets of chopped garlic scapes..JUJJED  it..and parmesan cheese..I used full fat Ricotta..Jacques only enjoys the whole 9 yards.Funny because our main courses are quite non fat...but when it comes to ricotta..cream cheese..etc..full fat.
I use spinach no cook flat lasagna sheets when I make lasagnas..so I had to buy cook noodles..do yourself a favor and buy a well known brand of lasagna noodles to cook/boil..I used Lancia..not one broke..fiou!
I cooked my lasagna roll ups longer at least 1/2 hour covered and the rest I played by ear..sight I mean;) and let  them bake until I knew they were done..I made my roll ups in the morning..so all I had to do was bake for dinner.That's me.
Again..like having Mrs Patmore over in the morning..
I am the girl that lives in a manner of Below The Stairs.Well not quite but if I had to chose..I would be in the kitchen.

Re DA..Meh.....this week, bland..apart from Anna..and Mr Bates and even then I knew it was coming..Mary and the car fanatic..NO CHEMISTRY..blah this week..I found, and Jacques also..forgive me:)
Not enthralled with Mercy Street yet..nor Billions..
Looking forward to Call The Midwife.


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar