First off.. before we begin our regular "program" - I just noticed that this is my 250th post for my blog! I guess that is worth a mention and a celebration! *WOO HOO*!! :-)
Remember the story of our walnut tree being blown across the road during a storm the other night? This is the photo I took of it with my iPhone. I was standing in the middle of the road, in the downpour, directing traffic and watching the policeman and hubby work on clearing the road. Hubby used his chain saw to cut the tree into several parts. The cop was wrapping the chain around the tree sections and hubby was dragging them into the pasture with his Kubota tractor.
On the left, is hubby on the tractor and the lights on the right are the police car headlights. What a mess!! I have asked hubby to save me a section of this wonderful 100 year old walnut tree so we can carve a wooden spoon out of it.. and maybe get a bowl turned out of part of it. Wouldn't that be neat??
Today I called the gym to see if the pool was OPEN.. and it was.. so I headed off in the downpour to go swimming. On my way back, I stopped in the middle of the Stark Street bridge and took a photo of the river approaching flood stage. Brown and icky!!
So.. I drove down into Dabney State Park to get a closer look at the river and this is at the boat launch.. definitely flooded. I'm glad we live on high ground! :-)
When I got home.. much to my delight.. there was a over-stuffed box from KnitPicks yarn company!! Ohh.. it's soooOOOoo soft.. and SOoooo bright and colorful! I can't wait to start something with it. Hubby said.. "Just what you needed, MORE yarn." :-) Here is the warm colors.. coral, orange, gold and bright yellow.
Fuchsia, red, peach and pink. (not the real color names, but my own)
The cool colors - green, med green, lime and a lovely aqua.
Light blue, turquoise, darker aqua and true blue.
And a partridge in a pear tree... oh..oops.. this color is called "Fairytale". LOL!
So, what should I make with this bunch of beautiful-ness? All I know is that it's made me *happy* and gives me something to look forward to.
What are your plans for New Years Eve? We will be continuing a long held tradition of doing absolutely nothing special. :-)
*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
*H*A*P*P*Y* *N*E*W* *Y*E*A*R*!*
*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*~*:._.:*
((hugs)), Teresa :-)


0 Yorumlar