I know spring is not until the 21st, but the weather is shouting spring here. Everything is greening and the temps are pleasant. It has been very cloudy though. I find myself scooting outside if the sun comes out. I head out to sit, read, and let the dogs romp. My azaleas are budding while I have seen others beginning to bloom, so I simply had to bring out the spring decor.
Oh and the time needs to go ahead and spring forward, because the dogs have done so. Both are waking up earlier every morning. The last two days I have just given in and am surprised at how much I have gotten done earlier in the day. I really like to lay in bed though.
Speaking of time changes, the Florida legislature decided they needed to mess with my central time zone. Fortunately they came to their senses. If you are not aware, Florida is in two time zones and this old girl likes that. The panhandle is in central and the peninsula is in eastern. They wanted to change it all to eastern. NO thank you. I like my central time zone. The nerve! Can you tell I was not happy with that idea?
I have chosen Thursday to be my day for mom. I take her out and about to shop. I am not a shopper, but she likes to get out and look, so I told her that Thursday was a good day for me. I plan accordingly so I won't be distracted. She starts talking about it early in the week. We are off to Destin today to look for her a pair of shoes. She does fine with trips to the grocery store and Walmart. They are easy drives from her house, but I think she gets a bit nervous going too far from her house.
I have quite a bit of flower planting to do. My roses are doing well. I bought some day lilies so they need to be planted. I also take care of three planters at church, so I need to redo two of them. Winter zapped the other two. I need to get them going and pretty again before Easter.
My other big goal for the remainder of the week is to start tackling the garage. Ours is a bear of a thing to keep clean. I would blame it all on Jeff because he doesn't like to put things away, but he has been trying. Some time back he bought some new shelving and moved some old out. He hasn't found his way yet on making them work for him. They need a ladies touch and a bit of organizing. I have procrastinated long enough. I am heading out on Friday to try and make it look as presentable as a garage can look.
It wouldn't be so bad, but.... y'all EVERYONE comes through our garage to get in our house. The front door is just a step or two away, but no one goes through it EVER. I can have the dang garage door shut and friends will text me and say, "Are you home?"
I give up. The garage has to look better. Wish me luck.
| Don't those bunnies look lonely? I would love to add more, but even they will probably have to be relocated. The coffee table is Gus's hunting grounds. |
One more...


0 Yorumlar