Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Our prize planter

I want to tell you about another prize - one which was the result of a joint effort between Jane and myself. She entered a photo I had taken (of my Veg Plot, of course) in a competition hosted by Forest Garden. Jane is the competition guru; I do the gardening and the photography. The prize was a lovely timber "Bamburgh" table-style planter, made of sturdy timber and guaranteed to last 15 years.


Now that I have assembled it, I have the duty of filling it with compost (it will need a lot!), and the pleasure of planting it with suitable plants. I have not yet finally decided what to put in it, but I think it will be either herbs or strawberries. I think it has to be something edible, so that Jane (our household's chief cook) can benefit from it as much as possible. What would YOU put in it?


As you can see, we have decided to have the planter outside the kitchen window, in the hope that it will disguise some of the unsightly drainpipes and drain-covers. It looks as if I have fitted the planter with its own white plastic drain-pipe, doesn't it, but that is actually the drain from the kitchen sink.  Notice the bright yellow "marigolds" on the windowsill! [For those not in the know, "Marigold" is a popular brand of rubber gloves.]

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar