We have had a critter in our attic! A rather large loud one that has been making 'thumping' noises.....
not 'scratches' like rats or mice! So yesterday an even bigger critter went up on the roof!
Louis Dean took the cover off the turbo vent and dropped down some poison.
Let's hope the critter gets thirsty and escapes BEFORE it dies in my attic!
One end of our house has been open for most of the summer......one of the projects LD started BEFORE we discovered it would be the hottest summer on record here in Texas.
He simply can't work in the attic in this heat so we have put off finishing this until it cools down.
WHEN that will happen I have no idea!
Next Wednesday we are getting up at 5 am so we can go up and unload all my fall decorations OUT of the attic! Guess I will find out then if and how much damage has been done to them.
I jokingly told Louis Dean he could NOT play on the roof! AND he had to put away all his 'toys' (like that huge extension ladder!) before coming in the house. But how could anyone resist this face?
I know I can't.
Today we have continued to work on the bedroom project. He is building a stand for the new super duper window unit and will install that soon. I am continuing my wallpapering. Two complete walls done - 2/3 of one and I am rounding the corner on another! He is in the bedroom now resting. Hopefully when I finish my post he will be awake and I can start painting. I am doing the door jams and the door - both sides of the door. I am so tired of these big dark hulking doors. I am painting them an off white and then we will see where my creative juices will take me. The back side of the bedroom door is only visible to US when the door is closed so I am looking at it as a blank canvas and just waiting for inspiration! I do have a few ideas in mind!
I could complain about the heat in Texas but after watching Fox News this afternoon I have decided to praise God instead! As I write there were still no accounts of injury in the earthquake that hit the east coast.
How awesome is THAT?? I have also decided complaining doesn't help so I am grateful to have A/C and the ability to pay the electric bill. I also appreciate the simple pleasure of drinking a cold glass of water.
And that is exactly what I am going off to do right now!
Fill up a clear glass pitcher with ice cubes and filtered water and float some thin slices of cucumber in it.
I will pour me a tall glass and prop my feet up and read a chapter or two in my book!
"Enjoy present pleasures in such a way as to not injure future ones."
Seneca
Roman philosopher
Mid - 1st century AD

0 Yorumlar