Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

the Krazy Town Film Festival - Part One

Welcome to my mini tribute to the 40th anniversary of Krazy Comics' spinoff, Cheeky Weekly.

Today, to the date would have been the comics' 40th anniversary (technically, it would have been the 17th, which was a Monday, but newsagents back then would have got their stock in the day before (in this case, it would have been on a Saturday)

For me in my neck of the woods, the first issue came out around the Christmas of 1977. I was buying then Krazy, Whoopee, and Cheeky Weekly.  By this time, in the U. K., this issue would  have been on sale.

In the 117 issues, I bought every issue (it was the last comic I would buy from beginning to the end.  By later on in 1978, I had to drop Whoopee, as I didn't have the money to buy three comics)

Sadly, I never got around to buying the annuals and summer specials the first time around.  My original copies sadly went to landfill.  Now I have every issue, annual and special

As a tribute, I am presenting a selection of Movie Masterpieces featuring Cheeky and Co, which ran in the early months of Cheeky's merge into Whoopee.  There are two masterpieces in this part, with another two in part two and three in the concluding part.

For a complete summary of all the Cheeky Summer Specials and annuals, Click on the Cheeky Weekly category at the bottom of this post, and for a detailed look at the weekly, then look no more than visiting Niblet's Cheeky Weekly blog.  All art in this series is by Frank McDiarmid.

First off, we go in search of Count Lectura in the horror(?) movie, Necks, Please.

This originally appeared in Whoopee! and Cheeky, issue dated 12/7/1980.








Our second movie Taking a Dive originally appeared in Whoopee! Dated 16 August 1980








The second half of the Krazy Town film festival, will appear in thirty minutes.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar