Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Calpe Prussian Leib Hussars nearing completion

The lads awaiting some slightest details and then the final fixing to horses

After many years these lads are nearing completion. I grabbed these from Peter Fitzgerald on a visit to England many years ago and also enjoyed a fine lunch with his lovely family. True gentleman.

These lads were painted for me by “Big Chris” awhile back. I painted the horseflesh in my usual enamels and oils wipe method and completed the basing. I think we will all agree that the Hussars are the star of the show!


Wonderfully sculpted figures and cracking officer.

I am sure that Von Peter himself inspired me to have this regiment in my army through his own wonderful collection.  Peter gave me so much assistance in the early days of  building a formation for 1813 from his own research during his formative University days if my memory serves me correctly. He is also a wonderful promoter of Peter Fitzgerald’s excellent Calpe range. My good friend Cookie is building up some 1813 Saxons using Calpe as I type.


Until next time.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar