It has been so long since my last post - over two and a half months. I owe all of my blogging friends an explanation of my absence. Several have contacted me to find out what is going on and where I disappeared to. It's a long story, but one with an ultimately happy ending and a lot of miracles in between. It is the story of how my sweetheart, and husband of 38 years, got up one morning feeling fine and three hours later found himself in a hospital emergency room fighting for his life.
Charly had a massive hemorrhagic stroke on Sunday morning, November 19, 2017.
Miracle #1 - I was actually on the phone with Charly (who was still living in our house in Arizona even though I had already moved to Utah) when the stroke struck. Because our son Josh, who had been living in Arizona with Charly, had recently moved to Utah, Charly was living in the house alone, and on a Sunday morning, he likely would have been undiscovered for hours if I had not been on the phone with him when the stroke occurred. God had other plans for Charly, and I was able to make some calls to the police and friends in the area who got to our home quickly. A few hours later, I was on a plane to Phoenix and this is how I found Charly in ICU when I got to Arizona that Sunday evening.
Miracle #2 - Charly survived the kind of stroke (that is really more of an aneurysm), that takes the life of most people who have one. Charly was completely healthy right up to the time of the stroke. He had no history of high blood pressure or anything else that might be a warning sign of a stroke. When the stroke came, however, he had an amazing neurological team and started to improve quite quickly, although progress was much slower than I wanted it to be. Our oldest son, Alex, came to see his dad. It had been a while since we had seen him, and it was wonderful to have his love and support.
Our second oldest daughter, Tiffany, also came from Utah for a few days, to help out and be with her dad.
This is the hospital (Chandler Regional Hospital in Chandler, AZ) where Charly spent 18 days in ICU (Intensive Care Unit). He spent three additional days in a regular room before being transferred to a rehabilitation hospital in Mesa, AZ - Health South.
More on Charly's recovery, rehabilitation, continued progress in Part II.
In the meantime, thanks to all of you who found out about Charly's stroke and prayed and sent messages of love and support. Your friendship is much appreciated.
I promise to be back with another post again soon, telling more of the miracles surrounding Charly's stroke and his recovery. God is good. We give Him the credit for all miracles. :-)







0 Yorumlar